Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How Can I Open my Schedule D to Edit and Add Cost Basis for All Transactions Missing It

Hi - I have recurring issues year to year where my imported financial data for stock sales is often missing data and during the review it asks me to add it but I can barely read what transaction it is asking about because the popup window it appears in is so very small. I would recommend  instead jumping people to the form directly where they can edit in the full screen and see overall what is missing or needed. But for now can you help guide me to where I can jump to the form to enter all of the missing cost basis data because I need to research each transaction?  Thank you!

How can I edit all these fields in a full screenHow can I edit all these fields in a full screen

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How Can I Open my Schedule D to Edit and Add Cost Basis for All Transactions Missing It

Ok, I found the answer.  To avoid all of those small window corrections that pop up to adjust your stock sale transactions do this. 1) Go to the Search Box and type in Schedule D  2) From the search results look for the Jump Link to Schedule D and open it.  You'll then see ALL the transactions that need review and can complete them on the full screen.  Way, way, way better!

You're welcome!  🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You can't make sales or cost basis entries for investment sales directly on any of the forms in TurboTax. You will have to use the step by step menu options to do that. You will find your investment sale entries in the Investment Income section of TurboTax, then Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other in the Wages and Income area. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi - No, I found that I can edit the entries by simply doing a search for Schedule D and then using the Jump Link that will appear in the search results to open it.

Ok, I found the answer.  To avoid all of those small window corrections that pop up to adjust your stock sale transactions do this. 1) Go to the Search Box and type in Schedule D  2) From the search results look for the Jump Link to Schedule D and open it.  You'll then see ALL the transactions that need review and can complete them on the full screen.  Way, way, way better!

You're welcome!  🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies