Please add the numbers from Box 1 from both W-2s. Now compare it to the Wages amount on line 1 of your 1040 return. They are usually the same.
If the line 1 amount is equal to the Wages on one W-2 or the other, then you should re-enter the missing W-2.
If you auto-imported that W-2, I would suggest that you delete and manually re-add that W-2 by doing the following:
- Open your tax return in TurboTax
- Make sure you have a printed copy of your W-2 (or the information on it, anyway)
- Search (upper right) for W-2 and click on the jump-to link
- You should be looking at the table of all your W-2(s)(maybe only one entry)
- Click on the trashcan icon or delete button to delete the old W-2
- Click on Add a W-2
- Skip the screen that asks for the EIN
- When TurboTax asks on the next screen do you really want to skip the import, answer that you will type it in yourself
- On the next screen, enter all the information from your W-2 (including the EIN)
By doing the process this way, you ensure that you have removed anything wrong from the old W-2, and have started fresh.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"