Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

horvathba

How can I enter the Allocation of losses and deductions page from my K-1?My losses and deductions from the first page of K-1 are partially disallowed due to lower basis.

Dear All,
I have a question regarding my K-1 form.  On page 1 of the form, I have losses/deductions on my ordinary business income (Part III, Box 1), section 179 deduction (Part III, Box 11), and other deductions (Part III, Box 12, A-charitable).  I also have a page 8 called "Allocation of Loses and Deductions," which details each of these and breaks them down to allowable and disallowable losses.  
I figured that part of the losses and deductions are disallowed due to my low basis as the sum of allowable losses and deductions are equal to my basis.
How do I enter these different values into Turbotax?  I can only find one place to enter these values (e.g. ordinary business income/loss). I am afraid that if I enter the value from the first page it will be higher than the allowable, but if I enter the value from the last page it might not match the IRS data.  Ideally, I should be able to enter both the allowable amount from the last page and the total amount from the first page.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
Bela
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies