Solved: Hi. I claimed my 16 year old on our taxes. She worked a small job over the summer,can she file her own taxes?

rdljrl

Hi. I claimed my 16 year old on our taxes. She worked a small job over the summer,can she file her own taxes?

MinhT

If your daughter had a summer job, she should file her own tax return. If she received a form W-2 and had Federal tax withheld (Box 2 of form W-2), she should get a refund of all or part of this tax.

She needs to indicate on her return that Some else is claiming her as a dependent in the TurboTax questionnaire.

MinhT