Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mingle

Hi. I am doing a Smart Check on my federal, and a red box comes up with "Some Error Occured". I can go Back, but then the same thing happens. What do I do?

How do I fix a "Some Error Occured." message in a red box when I run Smart Check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hi. I am doing a Smart Check on my federal, and a red box comes up with "Some Error Occured". I can go Back, but then the same thing happens. What do I do?

I've got the same error on Premier. And it's been crashing often now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled :(

Same here...Very disappointed and unsatisfied...

Hi, I just tried accessing my files with my McAfee Real Time scanning OFF. I'm not positive this is why it's working, but I'm going with it 🙂

palapal
Returning Member

Same thing for me.  That message after trying to do the smart check after the federal return is all entered. Can't get past it.  Also, auto update doesn't work.  Can't get to the state download (this is for turbotax deluxe 2020).  Seems like the end of the road and I won't be able to use turbotax to file.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

There are sometimes security protections set up that interfere with the interface. However, these can be adjusted.

For more information, see: 

Download TurboTax State (Windows)

Security software and TurboTax

@palapal

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies