Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zchampoux

Hi, how do I file my taxes for free? I am being prompted to use 'Plus', but I would rather not pay the extra money. Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

Hi, how do I file my taxes for free? I am being prompted to use 'Plus', but I would rather not pay the extra money. Thanks!

You do not have to upgrade to Plus.  TurboTax will ask you several times to be sure that you do not miss it.  Just continue to respond No and you will not be up-graded and you can proceed to e-filing your return.

If you do not upgrade be sure that you are saving and/or printing your return after you e-file.  This will help you next year when you are asked for your Adjusted Gross Income. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LisaBr

You do not have to upgrade to Plus.  TurboTax will ask you several times to be sure that you do not miss it.  Just continue to respond No and you will not be up-graded and you can proceed to e-filing your return.

If you do not upgrade be sure that you are saving and/or printing your return after you e-file.  This will help you next year when you are asked for your Adjusted Gross Income. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies