TomYoung

Here's a fairly dumb statement by the TurboTax program

As I was finishing up my income tax return a page came up with the following statement:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now That's Great Tax Planning!

This is a situation we don't see often - you don't owe any money and you aren't getting a refund.

NOTE: You may be required by law to file this return with the IRS.

While  i appreciate the strokes on my income tax acumen, I really can't take any bows here and TurboTax shouldn't be making this statement.  I had two perfect "$0"s in the Refund-O-Meters at the top of the page only because I applied my refund to my 2021 estimated taxes.  TurboTax "knows" this and the statement is entirely misplaced.   And what's with that NOTE that I may be required by law to file this return with the IRS?  I know I need to file my income tax returns, TurboTax knows I need to file my income tax returns. 

All in all that page is completely brain-dead, and potentially misleading.