Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AMorris2024
Returning Member

Help with Nanny Taxes

Hello - I used a 3rd party service to handle my nanny's payroll and they prepared and paid quarterly tax payments on my behalf. I have a Schedule H from them. How do I capture this correctly in Turbo Tax? 

This is what I am thinking, but would appreciate any clarifications you might have.

In the Deductions and Credit section I should enter each quarter's tax payment made by the 3rd party. This should total the employer tax paid. 

Then I should answer "yes" to the nanny/household employee question in the 'Other Tax Situations' section and follow all the prompts. Enter my EIN and the four boxes in the 'wages and witholdings' section, and continue until all questions are answered.

But the reason I don't think this is correct is because it doesn't have a place for me to enter all the information in the Schedule H that the 3rd party prepared. So how can I edit the Schedule H TurboTax is prompting me to create to reflect the one I received from the 3rd party; and therefore, accurately reflect the taxes I've already paid?

Thanks so much!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Help with Nanny Taxes

To enter taxes you paid, follow these steps:

1. Open your return to deductions and credits
  2. Locate Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  3. Select Other Income Taxes
  4. Locate Other Income Taxes Paid in 2023
  5. Select Withholding not already entered on a w2 or 1099
  6. Select yes
  7. Enter and federal, state, and local taxes you paid
  8. continue
  9. done

What lines are you trying to use that you can't get to in the program? If you are using the desktop, you can switch to Forms mode and see the whole form plus worksheets. Online, you can view your return to see the forms and worksheets, see see How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AMorris2024
Returning Member

Help with Nanny Taxes

Thank you for the help! I had the payments in the Federal (and State) Estimated taxes for 2023 Form 1040-ES and had broken them down with the dates each quarterly payment was made. I moved them to where you suggested.

I hadn't paid for Turbo Tax online yet, so that's why I wasn't able to see the forms. I have them now. 

Thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies