Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help - getting an msg on federal for New Jersey UI/WF/SWF cannot be greater than $176 but the amount in Box 14 in my w2 is $192.15 - What needs to be done. Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
maglib
Level 11

Help - getting an msg on federal for New Jersey UI/WF/SWF cannot be greater than $176 but the amount in Box 14 in my w2 is $192.15 - What needs to be done. Thanks

@badheka_neha  sorry you are having issues.

For 2023, the maximum employee contributions were:

• UI/WF/SWF — $174.68;
  • DI — $0;
  • FLI — $94.08.

If you had two or more employers and you contributed more than the maximum amount(s), you should complete Form NJ-2450  to claim a credit. If you had only one employer, you cannot file Form NJ-2450. If any single employer incorrectly withheld more than the maximum amount(s), you must contact that employer for a refund. If you are filing a joint return and both of you had excess contributions withheld, you must complete separate forms for each of you.

So to file, If only 1 mployer: change the W-2 to 174.68  and label it amended w-2 if only 1 employer and contact your employer to fix the issue and they will have to give you an amended w-2 and refund you.

If 2 employers then file NJ-2450 and just reduce the amount wh.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies