Hello, I thought the Child Tax credit was doubling this year. My husband and I didnt make over 110000.00 jointly. We have two sons and it shows only 1000.00 for each.

The child tax credit for 2017 is $1,000.00 per child.

For 2018, the recently passed tax reform bill doubles the amount of the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000 per qualifying child. In other words, if you have one child, you'll be able to claim a $2,000 credit. For two children, your credit is $4,000. It's also important to emphasize that this is a credit, not a tax deduction. While a deduction reduces the amount of your income that is subject to tax, a credit reduces your tax bill dollar-for-dollar.