Hello, I thought the Child Tax credit was doubling this year. My husband and I didnt make over 110000.00 jointly. We have two sons and it shows only 1000.00 for each.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I thought the Child Tax credit was doubling this year. My husband and I didnt make over 110000.00 jointly. We have two sons and it shows only 1000.00 for each.

1 Reply

The child tax credit for 2017 is $1,000.00 per child.

For 2018, the recently passed tax reform bill doubles the amount of the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000 per qualifying child. In other words, if you have one child, you'll be able to claim a $2,000 credit. For two children, your credit is $4,000. It's also important to emphasize that this is a credit, not a tax deduction. While a deduction reduces the amount of your income that is subject to tax, a credit reduces your tax bill dollar-for-dollar.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings