Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I have an LLC In WA and resell online self-paced classes. Do I have to pay taxes to the original provider given I am not the end consumer and just the middleman?

The original online classes provider is located in NC, and they billed me with WA sales tax. I read in some sources that only end consumers get charged sales tax.  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Hello, I have an LLC In WA and resell online self-paced classes. Do I have to pay taxes to the original provider given I am not the end consumer and just the middleman?

This forum is for income tax questions. You should look elsewhere for help with sales tax.

Since you are buying for resale, you should be able to give the provider some sort of resale certificate, which would allow them to not charge sales tax. North Carolina probably has a specific form for that purpose. Then you have to collect sales tax from your customers, based on the sales tax laws and rates for each customer's location. You're probably supposed to be doing that already, even though you have paid Washington sales tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies