Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello. How can I go back and change information about Exemption Number?

I didn't have exemption number at first so I selected "No ECN". But I got one so i have so fix it to move forward
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Hello. How can I go back and change information about Exemption Number?

To enter your California Exemption Coverage Number for 2023 in TurboTax, follow these steps:

1. Open TurboTax: Launch the TurboTax software or log in to your TurboTax online account.

2. Navigate to the Health Insurance Section: Look for the section related to health insurance or exemptions. This is typically found under the “Federal Taxes” or “State Taxes” tab, depending on your version of TurboTax.

3. Enter Your Exemption Information:

• If you are filing your state taxes through TurboTax, you’ll need to provide your Exemption Certificate Number (ECN). This number is provided by Covered California in the exemption approval notice.
    • On the relevant screen, look for a field where you can input your ECN. It may be labeled as “Health Coverage Exemptions” or something similar.
    • Enter the ECN exactly as it appears on your exemption approval notice.
  4. Complete Your State Tax Return: Continue with the rest of your tax return, following TurboTax’s prompts. Make sure to review all sections related to health coverage and exemptions to ensure accurate reporting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies