Solved: Health insurance section bug: it forces me to fix birthdate and SSN, takes me back to personal info, then goes in circles.

brasstax0

Health insurance section bug: it forces me to fix birthdate and SSN, takes me back to personal info, then goes in circles.

I cannot get past this attached screen shot when I go into the healthcare section. Turbotax keeps sending me in circles back to this same screen!

TeresaM

It may be that the software is stuck from before the personal information was corrected and deleting the health forms and entering that section again would solve the problem. You can delete the forms generated by the health section and this should allow you to re-enter them without the loop.  Select any of these forms which are present and confirm the delete. 

Forms 8965, 8962 and the Healthcare Entry Sheet

·         To delete a form in the Mac CD/Download version of TurboTax:

·         Change to forms mode by clicking on the paper icon Forms, in the upper left

·         Then look for Form 8962, 8965 and Healthcare Entry Sheet along the left, and click on each to display it on the right. 

·          Go to the top menu, to the right of the apple and TurboTax, and click on Forms

·         There is a drop down and click on Remove Form 8962 or 8965

·         Repeat for Healthcare Entry Sheet

·         When you are finished, click on Step-by-Step, in the upper right with the icon of the 1 2 circles, will take you back to the interview mode.

·         Click on Federal, on the left menu and then Health Insurance, at the top, to enter the information for this section without any old information causing a loop.

mesquitebean

This is a public Internet forum.   Your image had your name in it, so I removed it.  You can redact the personal info and repost it, if desired.  To repost it, click the EDIT button just to the right of your question above.
TeresaM