Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Have not received my Federal Tax Return yet

I called the phone # that was given by a tax expert [phone number removed] and did not go to live CSA it asked me questions and gave me the same answer, your return is being processed. This is the same anwer that I have been getting for 2 months

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ZeeEA20
Expert Alumni

Hello @bwhitey629 

Please go to Check Your Refund  link. After you enter your SS number, filing status and exact amount of your refund, IRS page will show you your refund status. In some situations they will list a reason why is the process taking little bit longer. 

Or you can call the IRS please follow the steps bellow to reach "live person" at the IRS:

The best phone number to call is 800-829-1040. The best time to call is 7:00 – 8:15 AM local time. The best days to call are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. When you call the IRS, you will be guided through an automated message system before a real, live agent picks up the phone to deal with your inquiry.

● First, you will be asked to select your language.
● Once you’ve selected your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund information). Choose Option 2 for “Personal Income Tax”.
● Next, press 1 for “Form, tax history or payment”.
● Then press 3 “For all other questions.”
● Then press 2 “For all other questions.”
● When the system asks you to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN) to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
● You will be asked twice, do nothing, you will then be given another menu. ● Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
● Finally, press 3 for all other inquiries. The system will then put you through to a real, live, human agent.

Have all of your personal information ready. Make sure you have all of your relevant documents and personal information at hand, including:
● Your Social Security Number (SSN), address and Date of Birth
● Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for taxpayers without a Social Security number

You may also be asked about your tax filing status: single, head of household, married and filing joint tax return, or married filing separate tax return. Details of your tax return from last year may be required and possibly the one before that if you only filed for one of those years.

Hope this helps!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Hero Niki
Employee Tax Expert

Hi bwhitey629!

So you haven't received your tax refund in months, and you've already called the IRS about it? One thing that can cause delays is errors in your tax return. I recommend taking another look at your taxes and look for errors. Common errors include: 

• Clerical errors, like typos
  • Forgetting tax forms like W-2s, 1099-Rs (for retirement withdrawals)
  • Forgetting to report marketplace health insurance, also known as ACA and Obamacare (Form 1095-A) (although, most tax returns with this form missing get rejected)

One way to catch errors is by comparing one year's tax to the next year. We also have experts here that can help with this.   ZeeEA20 also has some great advice on connecting with a live person at the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies