Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davem2
Returning Member

Has TT completed updates to the 2020 "non-online" products concerning the American Relief Act of 2021?

Has TT completed updates to their 2020 "non-online" products concerning the American Relief Act of 2021? I do see one update. $10,200 of income exempt unemployment benefits. But I am expecting more. How do I go about contacting support to find this answer?

thanks,

dave

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Has TT completed updates to the 2020 "non-online" products concerning the American Relief Act of 2021?

what specifically are you expecting? based on what the IRS has provided, everything is updated. 

davem2
Returning Member

Hi.. thanks for answering.. I was hoping to get marketplace subsidy repayment forgiveness...

dave

davem2
Returning Member

Hi this is what I read in a Forbes new article (and from other sites as well):

One challenge of the ACA subsidies has been the form: premium tax credits are based on estimated income and reconciled via income tax filing. People who end the year having earned more than they expected need to repay all or part of that premium reduction. The new legislation waives repayment for people who received more subsidies than they should have due to underestimating their 2020 income. Am I not seeing the whole picture in this or is this not represented correctly?

thanks,

dave

@davem2 - that is my understanding as well. 

The IRS has yet to provide THEIR interpretation of how this works, which is all that matters 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies