Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone noticed that TurboTax 2022 Home & Business doesn't import 1099-B anymore?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone noticed that TT 2022 Home & Business doesn't import 1099-B anymore from Wells Fargo Advisers? I'm totally stumped, upon executing the import everything worked, no errors, each and every one of the schedules and worksheets that stem from brokerage barter transactions normally found on 1099-B are automatically created in the return and the numbers are accurate. However there's no actual 1099-B showing in the return, and yes I did switch to forms-view and still - nothing, what gives?

Why is this a thing for me? Well because I have few "box D basis not reported to IRS" items that normally would be edited in 1099-B to reflect "corrected cost basis" but now that 1099-B isn't there I can't edit any of the worksheets. Since the cost basis isn't reported anyway it's not a disaster but I used to accurately plug it regardless and yes it does make a difference in terms of tax owed in the case of a significant divergence between 1099-B derived cost basis and the actual MLP final sale schedule cost basis.

Any advice for me? Am I doing something wrong? Did TT change?

Thanks

~B

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
kstorn

Has anyone noticed that TurboTax 2022 Home & Business doesn't import 1099-B anymore?

it worked for me but you might not have one if you didnt sell stock last year

@kstorn Thank you - I did sell, not a stock but MLP and it shows up on the paper copy under 1099-B "barter transactions" so to your point; I wonder if MLP doesn't count as "normal stock" to trickle 1099-B to TT? All other math is there; I see the numbers in all downstream schedules just no 1099-B to be found? Very frustrating...I know the import worked because x-DIV, x-INT etc all showed up as normal. May I assume you're with Wells as well? That helps to narrow down a use case. Thanks

kstorn

the import did feel a little flaky this year. It asked me to enter some DIV and INT numbers that were already imported. make sure you review it, I had to delete some duplicates as it asked me to enter items that were imported successfully.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies