Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

elcoffey

Has anyone ever been under review for Federal Return?

@awhitehead77 ive always used turbo tax and first time this has ever happened as well. most of my friends paid buttloads to file elsewhere and have already received...very odd

My daughter and son in law used Turbo Tax as well (under my recommendation)- They are now on an "up to 6 weeks" hold!

This is my second year using TurboTax. Last year I got my federal back with no problem on the 22nd of February...this year  idk what is going on. How many of y'all were told u were getting a letter because I was told I wasn't and there was nothing wrong...I'm over it I just want to get things done and in order to move forward I need my taxes

@kdriggins85 I was told I was getting a letter but I havent received anything it took for me to call to even know I was getting one supposedly ive been under review since the 15th ....I truly believe its some kind of glitch with turbo tax it has to be because people I know who filed outside of turbo tax already have their refunds

@Meshielelyons yes I called 2, and spoke with a IRS rep and she asked at beginning of call was I calling about a letter I said no...I asked should I expect one she said no...I'm just under review..it's something new they r doing. I told her everything was the same she mentioned that things with the IRS change every year. I've been under review since the 15th as well...she did say it's a POSSIBILITY that this damn review could take up to 45 days but not guaranteed. She told me just check the IRS website everyday it could change...To b honest I gave up and keep telling myself it will be here...it's someone else on here tho that said she was under review but then but got her date and her taxes so idk

My bars disappeared the first week I filed which was feb 2nd I called after 21 days and was told I’m under review which will take 45 days no notice has been sent out and wait until April 1st for either a letter or a ddd

seems everyone under review used turbo tax. they should give me back my 100 something dollars they charged me. its bs

I also used turbo tax and this is the first year I had my fee taken out of tax return. When I called today they once again told me a letter will be sent out and I should be grateful that it's only 45 days it could be 180 days the lady was so rude. I asked if it was possible to receive the refund before the 45 days and she told me probably not they need the full time to do review I asked what they were reviewing and she couldn't answer the question. She then went on to say call back after April 1st. Everyone I know used tax act  or hr block and have received there money after the first update Feb 17th and they also had the child tax and earned income credits.  So who knows good luck all for a speedy return.. one thing for sure next year I will not be using turbo tax

My taxes were accepted on January 24th. I called on the 19th and they told me they were under random review since February 15th. I had already rcvd my state taxes the beginning of February. Anybody else receive their state taxes in previous years after being under review? Was anything wrong with your Federal or was it truly just random? I was also told I would rcv a letter and I haven't.
testerme

Has anyone that was under review received their refunds before the 45 days?

Can somebody update on here when they received their refund? I'm not sure about it but I been hearing people say a irs agent told them they will get a update or their money on the 5th. Alot of this is really confusing cause very little info I've been reading is concrete. Let's all hope we get our money soon tho. I know I need it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies