Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I get confirmation in the mail of if the irs accepted my payment arrangement? My return was just accepted and I made an initial payment that hasn’t come out yet too

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Will I get confirmation in the mail of if the irs accepted my payment arrangement? My return was just accepted and I made an initial payment that hasn’t come out yet too

Yes, the IRS will send you a letter within about 30 days with the details of your payment arrangement after they approve it (they almost always approve them as long as you haven't defaulted on them in the past).

Great. Thanks. Also...I owed $38 for state that I paid off last night with TurboTax and also that initial payment I made toward the federal balance along with the arrangement...it hasn’t come out of my account. Does it usually take a while to come out?

Did you just file recently?  Its not unusual for it to take several business days to appear but the effective date will be the date you selected.  Also, the default date TurboTax chooses will be 4/15 if you didn't enter an earlier date.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies