Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Got paid under table. I never received anything from them.

I made about $1,500 and to make a report it says that I need 1099-MISC. I have just given them my money. How do I add this to my taxes?
1 Reply

Got paid under table. I never received anything from them.

If this is business income you don't need a Form 1099. Self-employment income should be based on your records. The Forms 1099 are primarily for the IRS, and only a reminder to you.

Such payments are reported as business income. Once entered,  TurboTax will automatically compute a Schedule C (Net Profit from Business) and, if appropriate, a Schedule SE for self-employment tax. Note that the program has two categories when entering business income:

1.       1099-Misc Income

2.       General Income

If you don’t have a Form 1099-Misc, you would enter the income under the second category.

(Note:  Among the on-line versions of TurboTax, only the Self—employed  version will prepare business schedules.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies