turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got Etrade/MS 1099-B with accrued market discount and non-deductible loss from wash sale Used the summary reporting method to enter investment sales. Where do I enter these Accrued market discount values and non-deductible loss from wash sale in TT ?

TT users/experts,

I got an Etrade/Morgan Stanley 1099-B with accrued market discount (box 1f

)  and non-deductible loss from wash sale (box 1g) with multiple bonds maturing.

I used the summary reporting method to enter investment sales in turbo tax i.e Short Term (box A/B) and Long Term (box D/E)

In Turbo Tax, should I add the accrued market discount total to the non-deductible loss from wash sale to Total adjustment to gain(or loss ) box under the "I need to adjust my total cost basis" box with D (accrued market discount) box checked and

check box for non-deductible loss from wash sale (W)

Thanks a lot, in advance.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Got Etrade/MS 1099-B with accrued market discount and non-deductible loss from wash sale Used the summary reporting method to enter investment sales. Where do I enter these Accrued market discount values and non-deductible loss from wash sale in TT ?

the total of the market discount and wash sale go in the adjustment column (g) on form 8949 with codes D and W in column (f)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I'll page Champ @Mike9241. Check back here later.

the total of the market discount and wash sale go in the adjustment column (g) on form 8949 with codes D and W in column (f)

Thanks.

I added the values for Nondeductible loss from Wash sale  (W) and Accrued market discount (D) and put it in Total adjustment to gain (or loss box) as a negative number.

I will be sending my 8949 form along with the 1099-B statements from my brokerage for the details on the Nondeductible loss from Wash sale  (W) and Accrued market discount (D) transactions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies