Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GA Form 500-NOL

The operating loss was 2022 for individual, which form do you use Page 2, Net Operating Loss for Individuals and Fiduciaries or should I use Page 4, Net Operating Loss Carryover?  Also, I submitted my tax return on 10/14/23, when is the deadline to submit the Form 500-NOL?  The printed form does not give you an address to mail the form to.  I assume it is mailed to the Georgia Internal Revenue Service.  Do you know?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LoriLeighEA
Employee Tax Expert

GA Form 500-NOL

Hi DonkieKom_93, thanks for joining us today!

The Georgia Form 500-NOL page 2 is for computation of overpayments. Page 4 is for the Net Operating Loss Carryover - so this is the place you would put your 2022 carryover. 

The address is to mail it to is listed on the form is at the bottom of Page 2:

Georgia Department of Revenue Processing Center, PO Box 740318, Atlanta, GA 30374-0318.

Here is the form and instructions:  https://dor.georgia.gov/500-nol-net-operating-loss-adjustment

For carryback purposes, the form must be filed no later than 3 years from the due date of the loss year income tax return, including any extensions which have been granted.

For carryforward purposes, the form must be filed by the due date (including extensions) of the loss year return.

If you had a valid extension for your 2022 tax return and were impacted by Hurricane Idalia, you will have 

until February 15, 2024 to file.

https://dor.georgia.gov/press-releases/2023-10-06/dor-reminds-taxpayers-extension-deadline#:~:text=G....

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies