Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Free State??"

I was disappointed to learn that 'free state' tax is only downloaded software and not the e-file.  Quick way to mislead customers and make extra bucks.  Please consider making your consumer information more transparent!  

On a second note, I had two responses to my questions on using Shedule E versus Schedule C, both of them nothing that I did not already knowl  After several hours of frustration, I called my brother (not TT) and he gave a clear explanation on how to circumvent the edit errors.  Thanks Brother, not TT.  I have used TT for years, but will be looking for alternatives for next year.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

"Free State??"

@mickman wrote:

I was disappointed to learn that 'free state' tax is only downloaded software and not the e-file. Quick way to mislead customers and make extra bucks. Please consider making your consumer information more transparent!

This is mainly a user community forum, but if you wish, we can tell you how to send feedback to Corporate, if you wish to let them know of your experience in regard to that fee.

Yes, the state efile fee (vs. the included state program download) is indeed a source of confusion for users every year and a common question in the forum.   The info is often hidden in a foot note or at the bottom of a program description.   There's no state efile fee for New York state, and no fee to print and mail the state returns.  

You also wrote:  "I had two responses to my questions on using Schedule E versus Schedule C, both of them nothing that I did not already know!"

Sorry, but there's no way to know what anyone already knows or not.   No question would be answered for fear that the user already knew something.

I'm not finding a question where you asked anything in regard to "Schedule E versus Schedule C."   The only other question I see for you is the Schedule E question linked below, in which you didn't respond with any additional information about "errors."

Did you have another question under a different forum profile name where you asked an "E versus C" question?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/i-am-trying-to-enter-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies