Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form TC-53 - Energy Efficient manufactured Home Tax Credit

I have an approved Energy Star Income Tax Credit Application Form from South Carolina. However, I cannot find anywhere in Turbo Tax where this information can be input. I've searched for the Form TC-53 which is the state form that should be used to apply the tax credit, but it does not show up anywhere. Where is the information for this form input so that I can take advantage of this tax credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does no one have the answer to this question?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Form TC-53 is not generated within TurboTax so you will need to complete it and attach it to your return.

Link to South Carolina energy Form TC-53

You can however enter the information from your form into the state interview section within TurboTax as follows.  This will result in the credit being shown on your state income tax return.

1. Go to the state interview section within TurboTax
  2. Continue through the interview screens until you see Take a look at South Carolina credits and taxes
  3. Select Start/Revisit to the right of South Carolina Other Non-refundable Credits

Input screen

You will need to select None of the above on the first screen.  The next page will show you the option for the Energy Efficient Manufactured Home.  Check the box and select Continue.

Credit page

You will be prompted to enter the amount of your credit here.  This form should have been sent to you after you completed the information as outlined in the link above for Form ETC-53.

Input for credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Nevermind - I found it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies