Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8963

I just wish TT would develop this form. My taxes are done. I have a $14,000 refund due and I can’t understand why a form that the IRS has had available for weeks is not yet available through TT. This is at least the third year this has occurred. They just don’t seem to care. They are saying February 21 after stretching it from January 31. I’m sure any others that  purchased an electric vehicle and number in the multiple of thousands are in the same boat. This is inexcusable.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Form 8963

Are you referring to Form 8936, Clean Vehicle Credits? If so, yes, that form is estimated to become available on February 21, 2024. 

The IRS has to update forms every time there is a change to the applicable tax law. 

The TurboTax forms availability tool provides the company's best estimate of the date the forms will be ready to use in the program. Programmers need to update TurboTax every time the IRS or a state agency updates a form. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8963

I verified through Senator Angus King's office that this form has been available for almost two months. STOP LYING ABOUT THE IRS. You have been late with this form for three years!!!  You owe me interest on my $14000 refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies