Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8962 Part II does not match 1095-A

I filed my Federal taxes which I prepared through Turbo Tax Deluxe. I received a letter from the IRS that stated the following:

"The amounts you reported on Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, Part II, columns (a) - enrollment premiums, (b) - applicable second lowest cost silver plan (SLCSP) premium, or (f) - advance payment of PTC, don't match the information we have on file from the Health Insurance Marketplace. Send us a copy of your Forms 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, to support the amounts you reported on Form 8962. If applicable, also send us a newly completed Form 8962."

(Married Filing Jointly) Recipient's of Health Insurance Marketplace is for my Wife and two children. The policy is shared with my Son who is not on my return. I was told by TurboTax support that I could enter any allocation percentage we wanted as long as the total between all covered taxpayers is not greater than 100%. I allocated 100% on my Son's Form 8962 and 0% on our return. Therefore, the columns above in question by the IRS do not show any amounts but show full amounts reported on 1095-A on my son's return etc.. 

What do I need to do to remedy my situation and how do I respond to the IRS? Do I need to make any changes in TurboTax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Send the IRS a copy of your and your son’s 8962 along with your 1095A and the explanation of your allocation. 

Thank you! Will try this as suggested. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies