Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8938 / Regarding interest and dividend from foreign bank / foreign asset

Hi,

I am reporting interest and dividend from foreign bank account / asset because I reached the threshold amount for reporting.  I chose Turbo tax's option of walk me through everything and that's how I entered the interest for foreign deposit and dividend for foreign asset.  I looked at the answers here on how to fill up the "where reported"  form and line / schedule and line under box d and e.  But when I reviewed my form 1040 and Schedule B, the only amount appearing there are the ones from 1099-Int from US bank accounts.  The interest and dividend from foreign bank account / asset, only appears in form 8938.  How do I correctly enter them?  Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You will need to enter the interest/dividends again in the corresponding area of the main program (where the US interest and dividends are).  You won't have the same forms, of course (1099DIV or 1099INT) or an EIN but you will fill in the other information as best you can.  This will record the income.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You will need to enter the interest/dividends again in the corresponding area of the main program (where the US interest and dividends are).  You won't have the same forms, of course (1099DIV or 1099INT) or an EIN but you will fill in the other information as best you can.  This will record the income.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies