turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vaguiar57

Form 8915b is not ready, but I am no longer getting the error that the form has not been finalized. Should I file or do I still need to wait for form 8915b to be ready?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form 8915b is not ready, but I am no longer getting the error that the form has not been finalized. Should I file or do I still need to wait for form 8915b to be ready?

You can file an extension that gives you until Oct 15 to file, but sill pay any tax due but April 17.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900551-can-irs-extensions-be-e-filed

The "Relief for hurricane distributions" Requires forms 8915A/B that now has a 3/22/18 target date.

The IRS only released the paper/pdf for the new 2017 8915A and 8915B forms on 3/6/18 and the electronic schema specification are usually released by the IRS about 2 weeks after the pdf version. E-file providers must comply with the IRS schema rules to e-file.

After the IRS provides the electronic "schema" for the form, both the IRS and e-file providers must apply those new schemas to their software and conduct compatibility tests. Only after the IRS approves the test results can the forms be released in an update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies