Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 7206 Workaround

Like many of you, I signed up for notifications re the 7206 bug.  This morning I received an inadequate boilerplate update from TT saying they’re working on it.  Period.

How many of you would like to receive a specific notification (one that does not rely on just rumor)  today that states that their Target Date for the fix is Thursday; that as a backup measure, by Thursday, they will announce detailed procedures how we can all have our completed desktop returns automatically imported to the On-Line version at no charge?

Thanks to the following for their continued, constructive posts:

@vdawg 

@ddarwin1 

@Jenndy43 

@Ed Bemis 

@electaxfl 

@6ixgun 

@cowdogman 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Form 7206 Workaround

That is just exactly what we need!

Form 7206 Workaround

YES! thanks for your post. This is what we need from TurboTax.

Very disappointed in the lack of customer service from TT and poor communication. Thanks to all customers for crowdsourcing options to solve the problem. TT should be ashamed that they have let this go on without adequate support or communication.

Form 7206 Workaround

I am self-employed but don't buy my insurance through the marketplace (my state doesn't allow it, and I made too much money to qualify for a subsidy).  Could I just put a plug number in for my deduction and then e-file?

DelawareAlan

Form 7206 Workaround

Yes, this is what we need!

Form 7206 Workaround

This is helpful, as I couldn't get an answer. If I understand correctly, the form is available for efile on the online version, but not the desktop version. Some kind of workaround is badly needed, as this is not an uncommon situation. It's more than a week since the last estimate of correcting the problem. There are lots of people who need to efile their taxes now, not at some unspecified date in the future.

Form 7206 Workaround

Absolutely! This lack of communication is really unbelievable after what we all paid for the software.

Artgirl
Returning Member

Form 7206 Workaround

Have you heard anymore? I entered my info into turbotax desktop yesterday and it filled out a 7206. Today I reentered my info into a "new" return to compare and it did not fill out a 7206 and nothing comes up in a search for form 7206...it's like the 7206 is gone.

Form 7206 Workaround

I just did what you said.  Made up a new return with Sch C.  As soon as I clicked on the SE Med Ins line and made an entry, the 7206 popped up.

Form 7206 Workaround

I spoke with a TT agent the morning actually pointed me in right direction to solve what I think is related to this problem. I'm using TT Deluxe.

After e-filing my return (containing 2 Sch. Cs) on Feb. 22, my return was rejected with the error
"an xml document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file" and suggested updating my TT on several days later. After updating and refiling the return was rejected again with the same error message and now suggesting updating the program on March 8.

Not very helpful. Something didn't smell right so I called customer service. The agent suggested it might be an issue with form 7206, self-employed health insurance.

Going to the forms side (not the interview) on TT I found that there were two 7206 forms in the return, one for each Sch. C. One of these has the correct numbers for the health insurance expenses. The other, connected to the other Sch. C was empty. I rightfully deleted this 7206 since that business wasn't used for health insurance premiums. I again e-filed the return and in a short while it had been accepted. YAY!

I hope this helps someone.

Form 7206 Workaround

Can confirm this worked for me as well.  Erasing the blank 7206 fixed it.

dave0292338
Returning Member

Form 7206 Workaround

To circumvent Form 7206, individuals may utilize the " oldrollapk " method, which involves strategically structuring transactions to avoid triggering reporting requirements. This workaround entails leveraging loopholes within the tax code to minimize disclosure obligations while remaining compliant. However, it's crucial to ensure that any actions taken adhere to legal and ethical standards to avoid potential repercussions from tax authorities.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies