Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 5695 eFile - Possible IRS transmission error

I installed a natural gas furnace in 2023 that qualifies for a Home Energy Tax Credit on Form 5695. The TurboTax step-by step instructions does not mention furnaces, however my entry for the cost of the furnace did enter correctly on the Residential Energy Smart Worksheet, and on line 24a of Form 5695.

However after eFiling, I checked my Record of Account on the IRS website. The section for Form 5695 shows $1,265,000 for "Furnace Boiler Costs".  There is either an error on the TurboTax transmission to the IRS, or on the IRS side. I tried to report this through the help line, however the agent did not know how to open a case on a program error.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 TT Form 5695 1.png

Screenshot 2024-02-10 TT Form 5695 2.pngScreenshot 2024-02-10 TT Form 5695 3.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Since you’ve already double-checked your entries on TurboTax to confirm the correct amount was entered, then you must report the error on your transcript directly to the IRS. See here under the section Get Transcript Online or by Mail FAQs, Q6If the transcript obtained doesn't appear to be correct or contains unfamiliar information due to possible identity theft, call us at 800-829-1040.

@bschempp 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Since you’ve already double-checked your entries on TurboTax to confirm the correct amount was entered, then you must report the error on your transcript directly to the IRS. See here under the section Get Transcript Online or by Mail FAQs, Q6If the transcript obtained doesn't appear to be correct or contains unfamiliar information due to possible identity theft, call us at 800-829-1040.

@bschempp 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies