Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 4852

I did not receive a W2 from my previous employer for 2023. I also do not have access to any previous paystubs. I contacted the IRS and was told to fill out form 4852 as a substitute, but have no information to fill it out.

I’ve gotten a wage and income transcript for 2023 and the job I worked is not shown. 
What does this mean? How can I file my taxes for 2023? I filed for an extension while I figure this out but don’t know what do without having to hire a professional which isn’t really in the cards for me. 
I worked this job, Sun Devils Trailers, from January-April of 2023. I do have a W2 from 2022 but I was making less money then.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form 4852

did you take all the steps as specified on the actual form 4852?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4852.pdf 

You should have furnished the IRS agent with the required info and so they would then have attempted to contact SVT. Do you know if the iRS attempted to contact SVT?

did you fill out a W-4 or W-9 when you started to work for them? if so which or was it neither?

do you remember if the paystubs showed social security and Medicare taxes taken out? 

with this info it would be easier to offer a suggestion. But we have no better info than you. so whatever is suggested will be a guess. No sense in using a pro they would ask the same questions and still would be guessing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies