Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210

As I've seen from others, there seems to be no straightforward way to submit a bug report.

I needed to file Form 2210.  It initially was unavailable but I was alerted earlier today that the form was now available.  I went into my in-process return, finished entering the 2210 info, and noticed that Turbotax made incorrect entries on two lines:

- On Form 2210, Schedule AI, Part I, Line 7 - Form 1040 Line 12b is NOT being added to the std deduction

- On Form 2210, Part III, Line 10, Column (a) - The value from Form 2210, Schedule AI, Line 27, column (a) is not properly reflected.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

Form 2210

I have noticed the same errors.  I missed the schedule AI line 7 error that did not add line 12b to the standard deduction, but reported the form 2210, part III line 10, column (a) error.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 2210

We are experiencing an issue with form 2210. Please click here to sign up to receive an alert once we get this resolved. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 2210

CarissaM - your link to click on for an email update takes me to a form 2210 post from last March which is unrelated to these current problems.

Form 2210

CarissaM-  Hello.  Are there any further updates on this Form 2210 issue?  As hasstedts noted, the link you provided unfortunately referred to a Form 2210 issue from a year ago, not the current issue.  Thank you.

Form 2210

TurboTax was just updated today (2/24/2022) and my form 2210 and schedule AI now work properly! Yay!

Form 2210

hasstedts-  Yes, I received the update as well and Intuit did indeed fix the second error I listed above but the first error has not yet been corrected:

On Form 2210, Schedule AI, Part I, Line 7 - Form 1040 Line 12b is still NOT being added to the std deduction.

Hopefully that too will also soon be remedied and an update distributed.

round2it
Returning Member

Form 2210

On March 2, I called Intuit and also reported the same issue in regards to Form 2210, Schedule AI, Part I, Line 7 - Form 1040 Line 12b is still not being added to the std deduction.  I also referenced your case as well as others on other thread and they said yours and others cases on this topic were all closed!  I said how can they be closed if not fixed.  They had me restart my computer and apply any updates (none were available) and then I shared my screen with them to show that the forms were not calculating correctly and could not be manually overwritten either.  Lady said she will report my issue and gave me a case number but I am not holding my breath that they are really working on this issue as I have heard nothing from then since.  My issue is that I submitted my taxes on Feb 18th and they were accepted by both Fed and State but on Feb 22nd when I logged back into the Intuit  over the weekend update caused my Fed Taxes due to go down and now my 2021 tax return will not agree with what IRS has when I submit 2022 taxes next year.  I will have to do 1040-X amended taxes but can't even do that at this time.  Please post if you hear back from Intuit on your issue.

Form 2210

Hi round2it,

Thanks for the update.  Interesting that they closed the cases since, as you noted, the issues weren't resolved!  Sorry about you having to submit an amended with the extra work involved.

Turbotax does let me override the erroneous figure they calculated in the 2210AI Schedule but then it flags the return as having an error in it since I have an override in place.  This is the first time I've used Turbotax (and likely the last given this experience) so I don't know if it will let me still electronically file if it thinks there is an error.  I was hoping they'd have the issue fixed before I had to experiment to find out but I'm not optimistic at this point.  Hopefully they will work your case number and get it fixed for good.

round2it
Returning Member

Form 2210

hytib:  thanks for your response.  Sorry this first experience with Turbo Tax was not good for you.  I have used it every year since the late 1990s with no issue...but this was the first year I had to use form 2210 or needed to contact Turbo Tax for help.  They don't seem to post any errata data on known issues once forms are released so their help line is clueless on anything other than user error issues.  Since I likely overpaid taxes versus underpaid, I will just hurry up and wait until April and see if they fix it by then.  If I see they fixed it, I will post a follow up.

Form 2210

Round2it:  Thank you for the info.  Until this year, I had just used the fill-in forms with free file.  Figured I'd try out TurboTax and maybe save a little work.  Best laid plans...

Well, like you, I'm waiting to see if they fix it over the next couple weeks.  Good luck with your amended return in either case.

Form 2210

Round2it-  Sometimes things surprise me.  Checked this morning, there were new updates available, and the issue "Form 2210, Schedule AI, Part I, Line 7 - Form 1040 Line 12b is not being added to the std deduction" has been fixed!  So, now on to filing and hoping the IRS will be happy.  Cheers!

round2it
Returning Member

Form 2210

Hi hytib: thanks for the notice as I had not checked since Friday to see if they fixed it.  I will have to check all the forms now versus what I originally successfully filed on Feb 17, 2022 to see what else changed.  Something else must be different with this update because my Fed taxes due decreased by only $1 with this update versus the Feb 21 update which was also different from what I filed on Feb 17.  My state taxes due has not changed.  Other threads on this topic stated that the Form 2210, Schedule AI, Part I, Line 7 - Form 1040 Line 12b is not being added to the std deduction was just an error in the form as Turbo Tax correctly factored the deduction into taxes due.  If this was the case I would have expected my taxes to either stay the same with this update or reduce by about $72 if the form was not being used correctly.   I don't care about the $1 but I do care that I should be able to trust the results.  Intuit data accuracy warranty only applies to under payment of taxes due to software errors on their part and not on over payment in my case so I am on my own to fix this.

round2it
Returning Member

Form 2210

Update...Since the TT update installed on 03.23.2022 I went through Form 2210 and 2210 schedule AI calculations manually and TT seems to be calculating correctly now in regards to underpayment of estimated taxes in my case at least.   I give TT a D- for their total lack of communication of status on this issue after calling them and submitting a case on this over a month ago.

Form 2210

Agree.  I have some empathy in that the US tax code is ridiculously complex (as well as some states) so their task is not easy but that doesn't excuse the lack of communication and visibility with their customers. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies