Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210 does not generate even though I have line 38 (1040) estimated tax penalty

Hello,

Can someone help me with this? I've filed my 2023 tax returns, but as I was reviewing this I noticed that there was no Form 2210 (not even page 1) that was generated. I did the online version of TurboTax, and the IRS has already debited my account for the federal tax owed plus the penalty (as calculated by TurboTax). Is there a way to determine whether 2210 should have been included with my federal income tax return?

I have the online+premier version of TurboTax.

Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 2210 does not generate even though I have line 38 (1040) estimated tax penalty

If you paid the penalty, Form 2210 is not included with your return.   The form is included with your return if you annualize your income or wish to request a waiver of the penalty.  

From the IRS - Use Form 2210 to see if you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax. The IRS will generally figure your penalty for you, and you should not file Form 2210. You can, however, use Form 2210 to figure your penalty if you wish and include the penalty on your return.  There are some situations in which you must file Form 2210, such as to request a waiver.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies