amanitiu

Form 1099-R asks for Payee I.D but the Payee is Canadian and has no US I.D. What do I enter there?

KittyM

You will enter your foreign pension as "Other Income."  To enter it on your return, follow the instructions below:

• Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income (you may have to choose Add more income and See more income to view this topic) and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • The screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC".  This is where you will enter the description "Foreign Pension" and the amount you received.

KittyM