Solved: Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

I do not know what to do with this form.  There's an amount listed in box 7 nonemployee compensation.  Do I report this? Turbo tax said that to report this I need to upgrade which will cost me 59.99 .  I really don't want to pay this amount.

Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

Yes, the IRS requires that you report the income on your 1099-MISC (box 7).  The 1099-MISC is reported in the "Other Common Income" section or either in the "Business Income and Expenses" section.  

If you have received a 1099-MISC with income in box 7 and entered it into TurboTax then it will prompt you to do the TurboTax Self-Employed version because the IRS considers that if you receive a 1099-MISC that you are self-employed.

In order to enter your business income and expenses, you will have to upgrade to the Turbo Tax Self-Employed version (or TurboTax Home & Business). Once you upgrade, to enter the income and expenses of your business, follow these steps in TurboTax

Follow the steps below to enter your 1099-MISC income. 

1. Type “1099-misc” in the search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.
  3. This will take you to the 1099-MISC screen.

Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

1. Type “1099-misc” in the search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.