Solved: Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1099 misc where do I add this?

I do not know what to do with this form.  There's an amount listed in box 7 nonemployee compensation.  Do I report this? Turbo tax said that to report this I need to upgrade which will cost me 59.99 .  I really don't want to pay this amount.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the IRS requires that you report the income on your 1099-MISC (box 7).  The 1099-MISC is reported in the "Other Common Income" section or either in the "Business Income and Expenses" section.  

If you have received a 1099-MISC with income in box 7 and entered it into TurboTax then it will prompt you to do the TurboTax Self-Employed version because the IRS considers that if you receive a 1099-MISC that you are self-employed.

In order to enter your business income and expenses, you will have to upgrade to the Turbo Tax Self-Employed version (or TurboTax Home & Business). Once you upgrade, to enter the income and expenses of your business, follow these steps in TurboTax

Follow the steps below to enter your 1099-MISC income. 

1. Type “1099-misc” in the search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.
  3. This will take you to the 1099-MISC screen.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, the IRS requires that you report the income on your 1099-MISC (box 7).  The 1099-MISC is reported in the "Other Common Income" section or either in the "Business Income and Expenses" section.  

If you have received a 1099-MISC with income in box 7 and entered it into TurboTax then it will prompt you to do the TurboTax Self-Employed version because the IRS considers that if you receive a 1099-MISC that you are self-employed.

In order to enter your business income and expenses, you will have to upgrade to the Turbo Tax Self-Employed version (or TurboTax Home & Business). Once you upgrade, to enter the income and expenses of your business, follow these steps in TurboTax

Follow the steps below to enter your 1099-MISC income. 

1. Type “1099-misc” in the search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.
  3. This will take you to the 1099-MISC screen.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings