mlcashman85

Form 1095-A. My husband and I are filing a joint return. We paid for our daughters health insurance, but she claimed herself. What should the premium percentage be?

There was no premium tax credit. I want to claim the full premium total for the self-employed health insurance deduction on form 1040 if I can.

MiriamF

The percentage that you assign to your daughter can be anything from 0-100%.

If you wish to claim 100% for yourself, you are within your rights to do that. Your daughter will still need a copy of the 1095-A, since her name is on the policy, and she will need to report it on her tax return. She will state her percentage as 0%, and so will claim none of the Premium, SLCSP or Premium Tax Credit.

MiriamF