turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1095-A. My husband and I are filing a joint return. We paid for our daughters health insurance, but she claimed herself. What should the premium percentage be?

There was no premium tax credit. I want to claim the full premium total for the self-employed health insurance deduction on form 1040 if I can.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Form 1095-A. My husband and I are filing a joint return. We paid for our daughters health insurance, but she claimed herself. What should the premium percentage be?

The percentage that you assign to your daughter can be anything from 0-100%.

If you wish to claim 100% for yourself, you are within your rights to do that. Your daughter will still need a copy of the 1095-A, since her name is on the policy, and she will need to report it on her tax return. She will state her percentage as 0%, and so will claim none of the Premium, SLCSP or Premium Tax Credit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

The percentage that you assign to your daughter can be anything from 0-100%.

If you wish to claim 100% for yourself, you are within your rights to do that. Your daughter will still need a copy of the 1095-A, since her name is on the policy, and she will need to report it on her tax return. She will state her percentage as 0%, and so will claim none of the Premium, SLCSP or Premium Tax Credit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies