Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcravatts
Returning Member

Fix Missing Turbo Tax Run-Time Tax Due/Refund information!!! Keywords: Meter

Solution is attached below.

It shouldn't have taken me multiple google searches before finally being able to figure out how to get the invaluable bottom-line figures back onto the top of the page.  I don't care that TT is bothered by customers complaining as to why it moves up and down each step of the way.  This meter is absolutely essential when bringing in employee stock information, especially for RSU and ESPP stuff.  The premier TT product should at least enable it upfront, as those using Premier are the ones dealing with securities that frequently require cost basis adjustments.  I expect to see the tax due shoot way up upon upon certain uploads, and then enjoy seeing them start to come back down as I adjust the cost basis for each of my securities.  And they replaced this with some stupid status meter saying that it will only take me 1 hour 30 minutes to complete my taxes, which is a complete joke.  Please scrap this, as this is complete nonsense.  Maybe "computer time", but certainly not "real time".

This is what is now missing on Turbo Tax until you stand on your head:

Much Missed!!!Much Missed!!!

And here's the solution posted again, in an attempt to make it that much easier to hit upon Google searching:

OK, so I spent an hour on the phone with TurboTax help last night, and finally figured it out. If you enter in your W-2 information, and then stop, and go directly to Federal Review on the left hand side, then go ALL the way through the review process (bypass anything that tells you it requires your attention), at the end it will FINALLY show up. Then, it will stay there, and you can go back and enter all your information in, and it will calculate for you as it has in prior years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies