Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Fill out W-4 forms correctly.

I am a single mom to three boys and usually file as head of household and claim zero. 
I want money back at the end of the year. last year I started a new job and the forms were different and I apparently filled them out incorrectly because I never had any federal or state taxes taken out on me. 

I am getting ready to start a new job again and would like to be able to know what I’m doing wrong. thank you.

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Fill out W-4 forms correctly.

It appears that you are completing the W-4 correctly. No federal withholding will occur until your wages exceed $375 per week in 2022. You can indicate an additional amount that you want withheld per pay period. You can always check with your HR department and make sure that they received your W-4.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings