Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing w/an extension. There is NOTHING anywhere that is giving me the option 2 import from itsdeductable. My donations are large/detailed. I've done it in the past. Help

I have followed every tutorial I can find with no luck.  The options everyone is talking about aren't anywhere.  I've also tried exporting from itsdeductable.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Filing w/an extension. There is NOTHING anywhere that is giving me the option 2 import from itsdeductable. My donations are large/detailed. I've done it in the past. Help

NOTE:  ItsDeductible is shutting down in October 2022 and will be discontinued after that, but you can still import from ItsDeductible until then.

Here are 4 methods to get to importing ItsDeductible.  All 4 methods work for me in Online Premier.  I just tested them again today.     The first 2 methods use the "jump to" approach; the other 2 methods do not.   You should be able to use at least one or more of these methods.

Method 1: 

• When the return is open, in the top right of the screen click on the magnifying glass icon to open the search tool.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the adjacent magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2021?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter the term donations (without quotes), and then click the adjacent magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything suggested in the dropdown menu or it might not work). 

• Then click the “Jump to donations” link.
  • Next screen:  "Did you make any donations to charity in 2021?"    Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"  Say yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 3: 

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on the Tax Tools tab, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2021?"  Say yes.
  • The next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"   Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Method 4 :

• Using regular navigation go to the Federal tab in the left column, then at the top go to Deductions & Credits section. 
  • Continue until you get to a summary screen that says "Your Tax Breaks".  Scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand that section, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics. 
  • Scroll down to the topic "Charitable Donations" and click Show More to expand and see the donations subtopics.
  • Choose "Import from ItsDeductible Online."
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies