Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

freedml

Filing an extension with outstanding K1 forms

I generally need to file an extension because K1 forms haven't arrived in time for April 15.  Can I tell Turbotax to use last year's K1 info in order to estimate if I need to send a payment with my extension?  That would be really useful - copy last year's K1 data and flag it as 'needs review' as with other info copied from last year's return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

At this time, the Schedule K-1 section of TurboTax is not available for entry. For this reason, you wouldn't be able to enter last year's K-1 information to use for estimating your tax liability. 

However, you could enter the taxable income from the prior year K-1 under Other Common Income (without a 1099) and see how that affects your tax due. Just remember to delete this information when you enter the current year K-1.

Finally, if the K-1 income is a very small portion of your total income, you won't incur an underpayment penalty if you paid 90% of your estimated tax or 100% of the tax shown on your 2022 return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
freedml

why isn't k1 available for entry?

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The K-1 section in TurboTax is unavailable due to working on updates for recent tax law changes.  

If you go to the K-1 section in your return and indicate which type of K-1 you need to enter, there should be a link to use where you can enter your email address to be notified when the section is ready.  

@freedml 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies