Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcs0

Filed my taxes, IRS rejected - duplicate submission. Filed via USMail with F-14039 (Id Theft). I need to submit an amendment, but TurboTax will only allow refile. Ideas?

TurboTax doesn't realize I submitted offline, and it is preventing me from preparing an amendment...
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Filed my taxes, IRS rejected - duplicate submission. Filed via USMail with F-14039 (Id Theft). I need to submit an amendment, but TurboTax will only allow refile. Ideas?

@dcs0 , because you filed by mail -- it is going to take a while for the IRS to process your return.  Any amended return submitted before the original is processed will only get things more confused.  Perhaps , you should consider waiting till you hear from the IRS that your original by mail return has been processed  ( see Where is My Refund--WMR at ww.irs.gov ).

Is there more I can do for you ?

pk

@dcs0 

You must go back to TurboTax and change your federal filing to File by US Mail.

Then print it.

After that you can do the Amend thing.

You won't be able to e-File Form 1040-X.

Always make a paper copy of your original 1040 before starting to amend.

dmertz
Level 15

Also save a copy of your tax file before and after amending.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies