Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Taxes and Payment Vouchers

I  amended my 2017 taxes and TurboTax showed that I owed $3562 but it only generated 4 payment vouchers (1040-ES) for $388 each. Why is this? What happened to the remaining amount? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Look again ... those 1040-ES forms are for the next tax year's estimated payments( 2018)  not the current year's balance due and are optional not required.  The payment for the 1040X form is sent in full with the amended return. If you cannot pay in full then make any payment with the return and the IRS will be glad to send a bill for the balance due later ... you can get on the payment plan at that time if you wish or pay it in full or send another partial payment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Look again ... those 1040-ES forms are for the next tax year's estimated payments( 2018)  not the current year's balance due and are optional not required.  The payment for the 1040X form is sent in full with the amended return. If you cannot pay in full then make any payment with the return and the IRS will be glad to send a bill for the balance due later ... you can get on the payment plan at that time if you wish or pay it in full or send another partial payment.

You are correct! Thank you for the help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies