Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

@RKR2 

Let us know if HRB works for you! Our agi is over $250k too, so I do need the form, but sounds like HRB might be filling out the form correctly, whereas TT is definitely not.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Best advice here seems to be to get our senators involved.  They need to get some pressure on the IRS to fix things.  Just imagine the mess if they don't fix things in March and we are all stuck trying to file at the last minute.  The IRS is creating their own backlog.

All- please contact your senators and insist on action.

I definitely will currently it’s still showing as pending but I filed late in the weekend and it says to give it up to 48 hours TurboTax got rejected the first time almost immediately

I had the same exact experience with TurboTax in the same figures lines that you mention when I filed with H&R Block it did not put the negative in line 4b  The rest of the completed form is  looking to me to be filled in correctly. It hasn’t been 48 hours yet since I filed with H&R Block, this is very, very frustrating

I was watching TV last night and three TurboTax commercials came on with that same message. Maybe I should take them up on it and see what they come up with 🙂

Yes, your figures in your example are exactly the two differences in the form 8960 between my rejected TurboTax and my currently pending H&R Block return. The original email I got from TurboTax mentioned that there cannot be that negative there in that line. I don’t have high hopes that even my H&R Block will go through at this point but it was worth a try. I got the software for free.  

The best way, if you paid by credit card is dispute it with the credit card company,   Unless you’re going to use another program or text service to file your return I would wait until your return is excepted. Otherwise you might not be able to send it if the card company contacts TurboTax.

H and r block rejected me also. But not giving me a code. I got to fix issues and it says no need to just resend and it rejects again

I agree. There is a move in Congress to reduce (!) the IRS staff by 87,000 employees; it really needs a MUCH larger staff. According to Wikipedia it only has 93,000 employees today! There needs to be pushback on this. It isn't just about audits, it is about having a tax agency that can even accept tax returns!!!

@gregkzn 

If the amount on Line 4a is non-passive income, I think you're paying 3.8% tax on the Line 4a amount when you don't actually owe that 3.8%. If that's the case, you'll need to amend later (when HRB fixes that issue)  to get that overpayment back.

This thread is very interesting as I had my return rejected for the F8690 issue but how do I disable notifications? My email is filling up every day with reposts. Thank you.

I meant form 8960!

Updates: after 3days my hrb return was also rejected.

I compared the 8960 form and in tt 4b is a negative number and in hrb 4b is empty

I don’t really recommend hrb:

No reject code any where and just told me refile withiut changes and failed again

costs more than tt

not as easy to use

Same exact situation here on the form being filled out differently with the 2 companies. My HRB still shows pending. I got the software for free so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try and file with them. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies