Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Now updated today the fix is not until mid March. Time to go file with H&R Block. TT will never get my business ever again

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

Just updated today on the IRS website the fix will not be until mid March, this is crazy

I just received this email from TT -

Re: Federal return rejectionReject Code F8960-019-04Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved (Community Subscription Update)

I also filed a 1099-NEC

Has anyone with the TT issue filed with HR Block online successfully? Or another online tax company?

Not waiting 6 more weeks for the IRS and TT to get their act together. If HR works I will pay and go with them?

Received same rejection. First time. No rental income but interest on a savings account amounts to investment income, which I believe is the reason for my error. Hopefully resolved soon.

I just downloaded H&R Block from Staples . They have it on sale for $planet 39.99. I’m just gonna go ahead and file with them. I’m not waiting for TurboTax to get their act together. I’ve already called my credit card company and they said that they can reverse the charges for me on the purchase of TurboTax and my state file cost. 

You would think that TT or IRS or both would send out an intelligible message to save everyone the anxiety and wasting time.

just filed with HRB and sadly they have also included 8960 now. It’s not rejected yet but I don’t think it will be accepted….

what a mess 

@Tim Jin 

Schedule C income on Line 4a, subtracted on line 4b?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE report back what happens!

MARCH ?!?!? It's 2021 all over again.... come on TurboTax, chime in. 

Will TT give us a refund if we can successfully file now through another tax program?

This wait, which will likely take longer than indicated, is unconscionable, inconveniencing millions of people. We have contacted our congressional representatives to alert them.

Hard to believe the Trillion Dollar IRS cannot update some simple business rules in a few days when THEY HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR WEEKS.

Seems TT can satisfy the issue by filling in the blank line that is causing rejection. 

Why is it no company wants to do anything about it. 

If someone reports back with a successful 8960 submission on HR Block or another service I am 100% done with TT forever.

@Tim Jin would be cool to know if your H&R return is accepted with the 8960 is filed.. this will tell us TT is filing it wrong

TT filed mine with 4a has all my royalties (from amazon) and 4b subtracts the same amount in 4a. The IRS rules says 4b should be non passive income so it should be zero because royalties are passive AFAIK. 

what a mess

Exactly my problem. Amazon royalties from 4a are subtracted in line 4b. TT doesn’t allow you to go in and manually change this.  I will be downloading and using HRB this weekend. I guess this is why this administration needs 87,000 new IRS Agents 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies