Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal return rejected: FED_NeedK-1_with8283_TTO_Only

Hi Tax Experts,

My Federal and NY state returns were rejected after passing all turbotax checks.  The error code is: FED_NeedK-1_with8283_TTO_Only.

Turbotax states the following explanation: 

Description of error:
There is a potential issue with the calculation regarding donations reflected on a K-1 (S Corporation of Partnership/LLC).
What needs to be done:
We've identified an issue in your federal tax return. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for April 5th, 2024. On or after that date, you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return.

Has anyone had experience with this type of issue?  Do I just wait until April 5 and try again or anything else I can try to fix?

Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Replies

others have reported the issue with that and other k-1 items. you can override but then you have to file by mail and the accuracy guarantee is void. 

I just got the same error, after submitting and having my return rejected. I've had so many problems with Turbo Tax's K-1s this year. Before that, it was the Box 20 Z issue. I got the same error message that the fix wouldn't be until 4/5.

I got the same message today and looks like this is a bug on the software and have to wait until April 5 th to fix the issue. 

I received a similar error message

Federal return rejectionThere is a potential issue with the calculation regarding donations reflected on a K-1 (S Corporation of Partnership/LLC).

Reject Code FED_NeedK-1_with8283_TTO_Only

The input code H  on line 13 "Other deductions" has nothing to do with donations.  It is for interest expense.  

Have very little confidence that TurboTax will fix this programming error in time for filing.  Very disappointed.  Will probably mail my return and never use TurboTax again (after using it for 25+ years)

I will be not using Turbo Tax after this fiasco.  Total disappointment.

How do you override?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can only do an override on the desktop program. There is a Forms mode which allows you to manipulate data. For both the online and desktop versions, once the release comes out, you can just open your return and step through federal and state to pull it all together and file.

@larslanian 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also received this error code, today (Box 13 of K-1). Very disappointing. While I’m waiting on Turbo Tax to fix their software bugs, I’m racking up underpayment penalty $! Also, this year has seemed more difficult to flow through TT than previous years. They changed the layout and questioning. Seemed much harder this year. I will definitely research other online tax-prep companies next year, especially if they don’t make this right. TT should reduce my filing fee by however much it cost me to wait on them to e-file. 

Has anyone tried filing again today?  Is the fix out and working?  

I refiled 20 minutes ago, receiving the normal reply of 'in progress'. 10 minutes ago I received a followup email saying 'accepted'. Fingers crossed that it sticks.

I just called about this, person I talked to was clueless

aramc
Returning Member

I just tried again and it there is no guidance as to how to fix the issue.  How were you able to re e-file?

I have online version. Never had desktop version.

aramc
Returning Member

I have the online version too.  Did it guide you through how to fix the issue and e-file again?  I called them and they said they are still working on it.  The fix doesn't work yet.  That's why I was wondering how that other person was able to e-file again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies