Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pclenahan
Returning Member

Feature Request: Show Account Numbers on 1099 Screens

Background: I have three accounts with my primary financial institution, FIRST REPUBLIC BROKERAGE (fake example). When I import my 1099s, it is very awkward to work with each 1099 in the “Income and Expenses” section in TurboTax Online since all three 1099-DIV (for example) imports show as “FIRST REPUBLIC BROKERAGE” (or whatever the financial institution is). The only way to figure out which account is which is by clicking Edit and cross-checking the $ numbers against my actual 1099s.

Multiple Accounts Dummy Data.png

This adds hours to the time required to complete my taxes since I am forever having to open each line to see what account it is. And I navigate in and out of sections as information becomes available.

Note: I do not want to edit the Payer Name to make it clearer which account is which since that impacts what gets sent in with my tax return and means any automatic reconciliation used by the IRS will not work - which may increase audit chances.

Requested Change: In the summary page for each 1099 (example above), show the account number for each account to make it easier to find the right information. It appears TT already has the account number information from the import since I have seen it on other screens.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies