Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dfwg
Level 2

Extension Payments

Under Payments With Extension; What does the question "Did you make a payment with your 2023 or 2022 extension of time to file your taxes?" refer to?  Is this the Fed disaster extension or a personal request for an extension?  How do you answer the next question "How much of your 2023 federal taxes did you pay when you filed your tax extension?" Are the payments referring to the quarterly estimated tax payments? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Extension Payments

How much of your 2023 federal taxes did you pay when you filed your tax extension?"

no it's referring to any payment made with an extension to file for 2022 that was intended to be a tax payment for 2023. 

dfwg
Level 2

Extension Payments

Thanks Mike9241.  Saved me from making a major error thinking that these extension payments were referring to the 2023 Fed disaster payment extension.  I originally inputted my 2023 quarterly estimated payments made based upon the 08/16/2023 payment date for the disaster payment extension and basically doubled my reported estimated tax payments in my tax return.  Turbotax didn't catch my error and approved my tax return.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies