Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Experiencing a spinning circle when trying to complete Step 2 of filing process, selecting Direct Deposit for method of refund. Is there a workaround?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Johnl5555

Experiencing a spinning circle when trying to complete Step 2 of filing process, selecting Direct Deposit for method of refund. Is there a workaround?

I figured out a sorta work around. You can select other options for your refund. I selected direct deposit to multiple accounts for Federal. I then direct deposited everything to only one account. I had to accept a paper check for State. Nice that I paid 59.00 for filing state! Not! It finally accepted it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have run all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Cynthiad66 

Thanks for the quick response with this stock response I have seen on other posts.  The suggestions mentioned in the response do not work.  I have attempted clearing cache, clearing history, restarting Turbo Tax session, restarting computer, accessing on PC, accessing on Mac, accessing on iPad, accessing via Safari, accessing via Chrome, accessing via FireFox and nothing is working here.  The screen just continually spins when selecting Direct Deposit. 

What would be the next level of troubleshooting that could be provided?

Daren

kacheng

I have the same issue.  Is there a resolution?

Johnl5555

I am having the same issue trying o enter my Refund information. I was disappointed to find multiple mentions of a similar issue and see no fix for it. This has to be corrected! I paid for a service and need to complete my filing.

Thanks

kacheng

Nothing seems to resolve this issue, so it appears I will have to select a paper check for my refund.   It seems absurd that TT has not resolved this issue.  After using TT for 20 years, I will have to look elsewhere next year. 

Johnl5555

I figured out a sorta work around. You can select other options for your refund. I selected direct deposit to multiple accounts for Federal. I then direct deposited everything to only one account. I had to accept a paper check for State. Nice that I paid 59.00 for filing state! Not! It finally accepted it.

This is what I ended up doing as well.  Works for completing the Federal, but any State submissions would require the paper check option.

I tried everything that's been said here, and nothing worked. 
I then had the idea "what if this issue doesn't exist on the APP"

So I logged into the APP on my phone, went into continue working on my return, and completed STEP2... worked perfectly. 
The issue "seemed" that they didn't have my direct deposit info, so I had to fill it in manually. 
I did that, and it moved me onto stage 3. 

I re-joined the process @ step 3 on my computer, and it'd let me go back to step 2 and move on... transmit etc... no worries!

Hope it's helpful to some!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies