Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Every year the same issue - paying from the Netherlands, I am forced to change the address on my Visa card profile ... and I'm still having problems

Every year I am required to change the address linked to my US bank's Visa card.  The TurboTax software does not seem to be able to handle a credit card, a credit card where the holder of that card has a foreign address.

I change my address at my bank's site (to my brother's US address) and still have an issue making a payment to TurboTax.  I contact my bank, they tell me, they can see the two attempts from TurboTax / Intuit against my Visa card, and that the bank has not cancelled those attempts.

I contact TurboTax through Facebook Messenger, I am given a case number and information to forward in an email.  I do that.  I then receive a response through Messenger for me to call an 800 number in the US.  I do that and wind up speaking to an automated voice who cannot let me speak to a person.  The automated voice wants a ten digit number, my case number is not ten digits.  The automated voice asks me to spell out my email address.  I do that and the letter o is spoken back as a zero.  Jesus H Christ, this is 2023.  (That's not swearing, by the way, my neighbor is named that. )

People, this is 2023, it should not be so difficult for those of us living outside the US to make a payment.  
I wrote back again to a woman from TurboTax on Messenger asking for her to send me a phone number where I can call to proceed with this payment.  
I am no further along.  This is beyond frustrating.

I should add, here in the Netherlands, everyone does their taxes through the Dutch government's software.  It's not difficult and payment, well, that comes in a blue envelope with instructions.  The dreaded blue envelope.
Every year I have an issue making a payment.  Every year.

EDIT - The woman I contacted through Facebook Messenger awarded me voucher because of my experience.
While this was welcomed, I would have rather paid without having to have so much frustration in what should be a simple transaction.

Next year, I will change my address a month earlier.  

If anyone from TurboTax reads these messages, there must be thousands of us living outside the US.  They must encounter the same issues.  Your payment fields are not setup to accept foreign addresses, foreign postal codes ... my US bank even has issues displaying my Dutch phone number correctly.  This is 2023, this shouldn't be a major issue for those who write the software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies