turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MaraD98
Returning Member

Errors on the print version of Form 8995-A

While reviewing Form 8995-A (Form 8995 Schedule A) of my federal return prior to E-filing, I noticed the values printed on lines 9 and 10 of Form 8995A appear to be incorrect:

Line 7  Subtract line 6 from line 5:              11,059

Line 8  Phase-in range:                                  50,000

Line 9  Divide line 7 by line 8:                      0.002212   (incorrect, should be 0.22118)

Line 10 Applicable percentage. Subtract line 9 from 100%: 0.7788%   (incorrect, should be 77.882%)

It looks like line 9 is being divided by 100, possibly due to an incorrect conversion of the result of the division from a percentage to decimal. The value on line 9 should just be the result of dividing line 7 by line 8 with no further calculations (11059/50000 = .22118).

It looks like line 10 is not being converted to a percentage. The value on line 10 should be calculated by subtracting the value in line 9 (.22118) from 1 (100%) and then multiplying the result by 100 to convert from the result from a decimal to a percentage (e.g. (1-.22118)*100 = 77.882%). The form is requesting the value to be a percentage.

All the other calculations on Form 8995-A appear to be correct. I don't think this will affect my e-filed form as all other calculations appear correct. There just appear to be formatting errors in the calculated values on lines 9 and 10 of the generated Form 8995-A. Has anyone else seen this error? How do I report this to Intuit for correction? Should I hold off on E-filing until Intuit corrects the printed form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MaraD98
Returning Member

Correction - the form with the error is 8995-A, not 8895-A (my bad!) 😁

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

No, as long as the values reported on Form 8995-A are correct, you may e-file your return.

Note that the IRS rounds all numbers to whole dollars, so the calculations shown on the forms may not be mathematically accurate to several digits. But the displayed results should be correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MaraD98
Returning Member

The errors in the printed values are not rounding errors, they are errors of 100x magnitude. The software really needs to be fixed.

Chet25

I am having the same issue.  When is Turbotax going to fix it?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies