Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

casudhi

Error when installing Michigan state tax 2023 software on my desktop pc.

After completing Federal Income tax, tried downloading Michigan 2023 state return software I keep getting "could not access network location Forms/mii_23" Tried all the following:

1. Closed all applications and tried, same error.

2. Reboot the PC and tried installing Michigan state software same error.

3. Downloaded "TURBOTAX DESKTOP MI TAX YEAR 2023 WIN DOWNLOAD" after logging into my intuit account, similar error. Unable to install Michigan state tax.

I'm running out of options. Please suggest how can I install on my Windows 10 PC.

Thanks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

This message has to do with registry errors created during the initial installation of your state program. Try this fix:

1. Download the TTCleanStatesTool.zip file and save it to your desktop or other easy-to-find location.
  2. Double-click to open the zip folder.
  3. Extract the contents of the folder to your desktop and open the extracted folder.
  4. Right-click the downloaded file (TTCleanStates.exe) and select Run as Administrator.
  5. Select your version (Personal or Business).
  6. Select your state from the dropdown menu and choose Remove.
  7. Once the tool finishes removing the state return(s), close it and reopen TurboTax.
  8. Follow the prompts to update TurboTax at the prompt. It should start downloading your state.
  9. If it doesn't start the state download, select the State Taxes tab and download it from there.

If you are still having problems, please respond back and TurboTax can help you further. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
casudhi

Tried that and it doesn't work. Had to completely uninstall TurboTax and reinstall to make it work. It's really pathetic this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies